Listen to Miki respond to a participant about how we can make life really work :
In this 3-part telecourse recording, Miki Kashtan shows with astonishing clarity how, with dedication to practice and support from others, you can begin to participate in creating the world so many of us long for, a world that honors and seeks to meet the needs of everyone, that welcomes each person’s truth, that rests on faith that solutions can be found to the most challenging problems facing us, individually and collectively.
Progress starts with your willingness to risk opening to yourself in a new way: to your deepest longings, to the hearts of those who are frighteningly “other,” to the uncertainty of life without the absolutes of “right” and “wrong,” “good” and “bad.” The more people who join you in taking the first step, the nearer this world becomes.
If you can say “yes” to any of the points below, then this course is definitely for you:
- You know there’s more to life than the next promotion, “making it”, or having the latest gadget
- You have a great desire to live a life of meaning and have been wondering how you can start
- You feel a longing to have more authenticity and openness in your life, everywhere, and your efforts so far have not met your hopes
- You are concerned about what’s happening in the world and feel overwhelmed by how little it seems you can do, starting where you are
Part I - Engage Your Heart: The Inward Journey
The key goal of this part of the course is to give you back the sense of choice in your life.
Through a variety of practices and journaling, this class is designed to help you:
- Learn to respond instead of react to people and events so you can become the person you want to be.
- Learn how you relate to your needs to increase your satisfaction in life.
- Deepen your understanding of yourself so you can know what really works for you.
- Be effective in difficult moments by knowing clearly what you want and focusing on positive outcomes for all.
Ask yourself: What is it that keeps you from knowing what you want and lining up your actions and life behind it? If you don’t know, this is one of the things you can find out and transform in this course.
Part II - Open Your Heart / Engage with Others: The Outward Journey
The key goal for this part of the course is to show you a way beyond so many painful either/or messages we have learned in our culture, so you can live with integrity and care.
Through exercises, role-playing and practical tips, this class is designed to help you:
- Be able to care for yourself and for other people at the same time without compromising either.
- Overcome fear of consequences so you can be your full self.
- Deepen your satisfaction with your connections by being authentic and caring, empathic and self-caring, strong and vulnerable – even if you were told it can’t happen.
- Listen to others without giving up on yourself and thereby improving your relationships, including with yourself.
Ask yourself: What are some of the ways you may have bought into the idea that life is a trade off, where you give up on some things in order to have others? What can help you embrace life in full, your own and others’? If you are still overwhelmed and uncertain, this course can help you make this shift in your life much more manageable.
Part III - Ask for the Moon with an Open Heart: Collaboration, the Expanding Journey
The key goal for this part of the course is to nurture your trust that life can truly work for everyone, and provide you with know-how for collaborating with others and life.
This class’s carefully designed practices are aimed at:
- Finding trust that a solution that works for all can be found.
- Helping you to dissolve fear and shame about asking for what you want.
- Overcoming your dread of hearing “no” or a half-hearted “yes” so you can increase authenticity in your relationships.
- Learning to welcome conflict so you can find the extraordinary benefits of collaboration, the likes of which you’ve never seen before.
Ask yourself: What keeps you from asking for everything you want, always? What happens when others ask you for things? Are you satisfied with how you currently navigate the complexities of wanting different things from what others want? Collaboration is not just an idea! This course can equip you to join the grand experiment and be more and more effective as you learn.
Includes all course handouts.