Join CNVC Certified Trainer Eric Bowers in journeying through the world of Interpersonal Neurobiology (IPNB) as he expands on the theories and tools from his book Meet Me In Hard-to-Love Places: The Heart and Science of Relationship Success. You'll discover why IPNB and NVC complement each other so well, especially in the powerful practice of Somatic-Based Resonant Empathy.
- Increased emotional resilience and the ability to recover more quickly from painful situations;
- Clarity as to where and why empathy gets stuck – and what you can do about it;
- Understanding how to bring empathy to old wounds and deeper pain;
- Augmented capacity for calming your big emotions and empathizing with big emotions from others; and
- Knowledge about how the brain activates and calms emotions, which will enable you to easily explain it to others, empowering them in managing their emotions and connecting to their needs, too!
You'll be given tools and skills to practice in between sessions, as well as material to explore, journal about, and reflect upon as you practice a wide variety of empathy skills and processes.
This course will provide you with ample groundwork, as well as many opportunities for learning to give empathy in ways that support both hemispheres of the brain and the embodied nervous system.